Sep. 28 - Oct. 5, 2018
marrakech DESIGN week -Spring Summer '19
COCO-Morocco is proud to present the first event in a row: "DESIGN WEEK MARRAKECH". A series of happenings, delving into trends in Fashion and Design as part of its CRADLE CONCEPTS educational initiative. This intimate experience will give a select number of design-minded travellers the opportunity to educate themselves and explore the magic of Marrakech and its cultural influence on the fast-evolving design scene while becoming a major player in global nomadic concepts.
Accompanied by designers and curators, guests will tour the latest collections in design and fashion, learn about the cradle materials, tribal traditions and local (weaving) techniques, all the while immersing themselves in Marrakech’s traditional culture.
SAVE THE DATES: September 28-October 5, 2018
WHO: wholesalers, retailers, stockists, everyone working with design and trends.
Please join us for the first journey into the heart of a city where past and future have connected into a new and hip design culture. Marlène Pauly invites you to discover the inspiring design scene. Accompanied and assisted by some of the most renowned names in Moroccan design as well as small local talented designers of which some will be revealed during the coming weeks in our private newsletter. The insider’s look will introduce you to our favourite addresses and places.
You will be able to define and select your CRADLE CONCEPT and TRIBAL COLLECTION.
September and October are excellent months to get your spring collection ready.
Soak in all the knowledge, get the insights, make your choices!
Get fair prices without hidden fees and a full list of addresses on the places to shop.
Get in contact with cooperatives and become a member of our do good community.
Network on pink rooftops and experience the impact of colours in a world where design is all about local materials and tradition.
Our retreats aim at becoming the yearly get together of like-minded international shop owners, wholesale companies and e-shop owners:
the Marrakech climate makes it easy going and feeling like a holiday while you are
- focussed on your spring and summer collection,
- having a well-deserved break,
- enjoying the hottest restaurants in town and
- shopping and dealing at all the hidden places that are known by local stylists, trend hunters and the luxury shops worldwide.
What you will learn:
- how to start collaborating with manufacturers.
- steps to take in the manufacturing process.
- how to follow up.
- communicating with regards to the culture
- mood boards for Spring Summer 2019.
- designer meetings.
- visit to all areas in Marrakech.
- on demand sessions for shooting your gallery
- direct contacts with producers and workshops all around Marrakech.
- Introduction of the trends.
- what to shop and where.
- Different styles to explore.
- carpets, ceramics, lighting, woodwork...how to define good quality/price.
- another area around Marrakech, every day.
- Workshops/manufacturers/souks/flee market
- Enjoy the spirit of old Marrakech.
- Visit of the old Medina with the Souk des Tapis (the carpet Souk), Place Jemaa El Fna...
- Learn the art of negotiating while shopping.
- Visit of the most authentic part, the flee market and the many arts and artefacts stores.
- Visit of the Industrial area with trendy design and collector's items.
- The insider stores in the Souks.
- The magical Souk des Ferroniers with lamps in all forms and sizes.
- All the new design stores for homeware and linens.
- You do not feel unsafe, overwhelmed nor forced into buying while walking the medina with me.
- Combining orders to get the best deals.
- Combining shipments if possible to lower the costs.
- pottery areas where you can create your own design
- tile factories
Cost for the total package:
- 900 €p/p
Friday, September 28:
- Welcome and settling in
- Get to know each other
- Walk through the Medina
- A visit to the magical wonder world of....to get you into the mood.
September 29 - October 4:
- 09.00 - 10.00 Workshops with trends and our view on new designers/objects/styles, explaining the sourcing tour of the day and what to expect.
- 10.00 - 1.00 visit of an area inside or outside Marrakech.
- 1.00 pm Lunch somewhere at location. (included)
- 2.00 - 5.00 pm Free visit of the different parts of the Medina (Shopping, Culture...)while I give one on one personal coaching and advice on how to build your signature collection
- 5.00 pm free time...
Friday, October 5:
- Lazy gourmet lunch together
- The retreat ends after lunch.
- transportation to all the places we visit.
- all workshops, trend coachings.
- one on one coaching for your business: putting a signature collection together.
- 7 lunches all prepared with local ingredients and an excellent way to learn all the different flavours from one of the most diverse cuisines in the world. Enjoy tagines, couscous, pastilla, briouattes.....Olives, preserved lemons, mythical spices and so much more to enjoy.
- transport to and from the airport.
- soft drinks
- alcoholic drinks
- any other meals than lunches
- your personal travel insurance
- any shopping
- any other private visit you want to add to your trip
- location hire for fotoshoots if applicable
Cost for this workshop is:
- 900 €p/p