March 16 - 23, 2019
marrakech design week -fall winter '19
Another year of Homestyling Sourcing and Purchasing Retreats in Marrakech!
We start with our Autumn 2019 WHOLESALE EVENT!
- you will learn the do's and donts in getting a deal.
- where to shop for good quality - price balance.
- WE WILL COVER All areas in Marrakech.
- we have our finger on the pulse to see what's new, what's in and which designers are popping.
- mood boards for Fall Winter 2019.
- designer meetings.
- visit to all creative areas in Marrakech.
- on demand sessions for shooting your gallery ( we can arrange lovation and photographer optional)
- direct contacts with producers and workshops all around Marrakech.
And as important than this.....
- you will benefit from purchasing in group!
- March is an excellent month to benefit of nice temperatures to work, enjoy and visit.
- it's also the month to slowly get into action to be ready by September!
- soak in all the knowledge.
- get the insights.
- make your choices or get to know what's out here and order later!
- shop at all the hidden gems that are known by local stylists, trend hunters and the luxury shops worldwide.
- Get fair prices without hidden fees and a full list of addresses on the places to shop.
- Get in contact with cooperatives and become a member of our do good community.
- AND at the same time, be fully able to discover everything that Marrakech has to offer. while eEnjoying the good life and have enough space for some me time.
- enjoy the hottest restaurants in town.
- network on pink rooftops and experience the impact of colours in a world where design is all about local materials and tradition.
SAVE THE DATES: March 16 - 23, 2019
WHO: wholesalers, retailers, stockists, everyone working with design and trends
Please join us for the first journey into the heart of a city where past and future have connected into a new and hip design culture. Marlène Pauly invites you to discover the inspiring design scene. Accompanied and assisted by some of the most renowned names in Moroccan design as well as small local talented designers of which some will be revealed during the coming weeks in our private newsletter. The insider’s look will introduce you to our favourite addresses and places.
You will be able to define and select your CRADLE CONCEPT and TRIBAL COLLECTION.
You will be able to define your audience and curate a collection that sets you apart from others.
Our retreats are becoming the yearly get together of like-minded international shop owners, wholesale companies and e-shop owners:
the Marrakech climate makes it easy going and feeling like a holiday while you are preparing the best for your autumn collection,
having a well-deserved break with some serious me-time, spa treatments, and relaxing moments,
discovering the art, culture and must visit places in Marrakech,
Dealing, shopping doing business in Morocco isn't just a cup of tea:
- how to start collaborating with manufacturers.
- steps to take in the manufacturing process.
- how to follow up.
- communicating with regards to the culture
- Introduction of the trends.
- what to shop and where.
- Different styles to explore.
- carpets, ceramics, lighting, woodwork...how to define good quality/price.
- another area around Marrakech, every day.
- Workshops/manufacturers/souks/flee market
- Enjoy the spirit of old Marrakech.
- Visit of the old Medina with the Souk des Tapis (the carpet Souk), Place Jemaa El Fna...
- Learn the art of negotiating while shopping.
- Visit of the most authentic part, the flee market and the many arts and artefacts stores.
- Visit of the Industrial area with trendy design and collector's items.
- The insider stores in the Souks.
- The magical Souk des Ferroniers with lamps in all forms and sizes.
- All the new design stores for homeware and linens.
- You do not feel unsafe, overwhelmed nor forced into buying while walking the medina with me.
- Combining orders to get the best deals.
- Combining shipments if possible to lower the costs.
- pottery areas where you can create your own design
- tile factories
Cost for the total package:
- 900 €p/p
Saturday, March 16:
- Welcome and settling in
- Get to know each other
- Walk through the Medina
- A visit to the magical wonder world of....to get you into the mood.
March 17 - 22:
- 09.00 - 10.00 Workshops with trends and our view on new designers/objects/styles, explaining the sourcing tour of the day and what to expect.
- 10.00 - 1.00 visit of an area inside or outside Marrakech.
- 1.00 pm Lunch somewhere at location. (included)
- 2.00 - 5.00 pm Free visit of the different parts of the Medina (Shopping, Culture...)while I give one on one personal coaching and advice on how to build your signature collection
- 5.00 pm free time...
Saturday, March 23:
- Lazy gourmet lunch together
- The retreat ends after lunch.
- transportation to all the places we visit.
- all workshops, trend coachings.
- one on one coaching for your business: putting a signature collection together.
- 7 lunches all prepared with local ingredients and an excellent way to learn all the different flavours from one of the most diverse cuisines in the world. Enjoy tagines, couscous, pastilla, briouattes.....Olives, preserved lemons, mythical spices and so much more to enjoy.
- transport to and from the airport.
- soft drinks
- alcoholic drinks
- any other meals than lunches
- your personal travel insurance
- any shopping
- any other private visit you want to add to your trip
- location hire for fotoshoots if applicable
Cost for this workshop is:
- 900 €p/p